Tuesday, March 1, 2011

[psalm 19]

(sunrise in Nazareth)
"The heavens proclaim
the glory of God.
The skies display His
craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they
make Him known.
They speak without a sound
or a word;
their voice is never heard.
Yet their message has gone
throughout the earth,
& their words
to all the world.
God has made a home in the heavens
for the sun.
It bursts forth like
a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
It rejoices like a great athlete
eager to run the race.
The sun rises at one end of the heavens
& follows its course
to the other end.
Nothing can hide from its heat.
The instructions of the Lord
are perfect,
reviving the soul.
The decrees of the Lord
are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
The commandments of the Lord
are right,
bringing joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord
are clear,
giving insight for living.
Reverence for the Lord
is pure,
lasting forever.
The laws of the Lord
are true;
each one is fair.
They are more desirable than gold,
even the finest gold.
They are sweeter
than honey,
even honey dripping from the comb.
They are a warning to
your servant,
a great reward
for those who obey them.
How can I know all the sins
lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
Keep your servant from
deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free
of guilt &
innocent of great sin.
May the words of my mouth
& the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O Lord,
my rock
& my redeemer."

No comments:

Post a Comment