Sunday, June 19, 2011

Joining the Circus

My God is a jealous God. He is jealous for my heart, my life, my affections, & all my attention. He doesn't just want sundays or a season, He wants every minute of every day. He's always meant to be my all. He's living inside of me, anything less is impossible.

I'm twenty years old now, & this concludes what has become my reality in this past year. My eyes were opened to the simplicity & necessity of hearing the voice of the Lord & obeying-not just in "important" matters, but in everything. Choosing this life isn't always the easiest, but in a way, it is-when you are walking in the will of God, you have full access to His grace & peace & the solidity of all His promises. He is worthy of total trust.

With that said, I want to share with you what the Lord has called me to next. Starting at the end of this month, I will be staffing a summer school here in Kona, Hawaii called The School of the Circuit Riders, also known as "the circus"-only because we are expecting over 300 students! I'm not even sure how to describe all that this 5 week school will entail, so I'll let these two promo videos do the talking...




This school will be calling forth the true longing of every heart that only our untamable God can fill & commissioning a group of radicals into missional lifestyles.

In this school, I will be helping disciple the girls through their five week journey, I will be part of a small hospitality team doing a lot of "behind the scenes" work, & I will potentially be leading a two week long outreach team to the US Mainland (that part is still not for sure). The two month long outreach locations are Nepal, Japan, Pakistan, Ireland, & some places in the US. Some of the students are coming from other YWAM bases & ministries & will be commissioned "back home" at the end of the five weeks. So many people from so many backgrounds with so many different dreams coming together with one driving force-a simple desperation for ALL of God. This will be quite the journey.

There's two things I'd like you to pray about. First, ask the Lord if this is where you are supposed to be during the summer-they're still accepting applications!! Second, please ask the Lord how He wants you to support me-whether that be by one quick prayer, a commitment to praying, or a commitment to giving me monthly financial support. If He tells you the finance kind of support, you can send it through the paypal donate button here on my blog. Also, if you'd like more information on The School of the Circuit Riders or just Fire & Fragrance (the umbrella program over all of this), you can go to www.fireandfragrance.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment